Board of Director Meeting
Renaissance Ridge Homeowners Association
July 5, 2008
Members present: Don Corbett, President
Yogesh Gupta, Treasurer
Michael Rose, Director-at-Large
Beverly Day, Secretary
- Michael reported he had talked to Ace Hardware about the locking mailboxes they have available. They will offer a reduced price if there are a number of boxes bought at once. Michael had also talked to a handyman who could help if the homeowner was unable to install it themselves. It was suggested that a flyer be made that gives all the information including FAQs (frequently asked questions). The flyer should also explain that the coordinating with others, buying, and installing of the mailboxes was completely the responsibility of the homeowner. Michael agreed to create this flyer.
- Earthworks has sent a contract for the coming year for landscaping. There is an increase of $45 per month, which seemed reasonable considering the rise in the price of gas. Don will have a discussion with Earthworks on certain issues, such as their failure to blow out the sprinkler lines last fall; it was agreed that their work was good and renewal should be made.
- Don reported there is a dead tree on 242nd. He will get a bid for its removal from Natural Design.
- It was suggested that a second trash can should be purchased for Rock Park, especially given that it is the gathering place for summer activities.
- Michael reported on the 4th of July parade and party, which had a good turnout. Yogesh will contact the Social Committee to verify they know the amount of their budget since they rarely spend it.
- There was a discussion on the budget. Six homeowners with delinquent dues made payments after the letter had been sent to remind them. After a discussion regarding those with a significant delinquent amount it was decided to put a lien on the house for those that are over a year past due. Yogesh will check on the cost involved. He will also put 1-2% of the amount of the annual dues in the reserve account.
- Due to the fact that John Digenan has been extremely busy Michael will handle phone calls and emails from homeowners for July. Since Beverly will be out of town for over two weeks in September she will take phone and email duty for August and Yogesh will handle September. Beverly will send an email to Brent to take care of that.
- Don requested that Beverly send an email to Board members with revised meeting days due to the fact that last Saturday’s meeting had been postponed until today, the 5th.