Board of Director Meeting

Renaissance Ridge Homeowners Association

June 27, 2009

 

Members present:†††††††† Don Corbett, President

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Ann-Marie Karh, Vice President

Michael Rose, Director-at-Large

Yogesh Gupta, Treasurer

††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Beverly Day, Secretary

 

-                     Bev reported that she is scheduled for phone coverage in July but will be out of town for a week that month.Yogesh volunteered to take July.Bev will re-order the phone schedule and notify Brett.

-                     Michael reported there have been calls regarding the tall grass in the park area along 242nd.This area is mowed only once a month, around the 1st.The landscapers skipped one month when we had heavy rains so Don will call them and ask them to be sure to not only mow the area but also clean up the area afterwards.

-                     Don will also call to get a quote on blowing wild flower seed into the area.Since there is a gas main going through this area we are not allowed to install any water sprinklers.

-                     Yogesh reported that the budget is in good shape.

-                     Michael reported that he saw a large bear cross SE 8th on his way to our meeting, crossing from the Skyline parking area to the homes on the other side of the street.He called 911 but was told there was nothing they could do.

-                     Earlier Donís son had asked the Board via email to repair the fences on SE 8th as part of a project for his Eagle Scout merit badge.There was some discussion of the issue of insurance but it is believed that it would be covered by the scout troop organization.Currently Donís son is putting together a required package to present to the Eagle Scout Board.He also plans to get additional signs designating this as a protected area as well as posting signs that the scouts restored the fence.It is hoped that this might deter further vandalism.††

-                     Don will be getting a report on the water audit this week.This should lower our water bill.

-                     The mail kiosk in the Reserve that was knocked over by one of the residents has been repaired.Her insurance company will pay for the repairs.

-                     Yogesh checked with the firm that did the Reserve Study.†† They would not agree to just check the fences and an update to the study would cost $1700.

-                     Ideas on how to get more homeowners to attend the annual meeting were discussed.Last year we tried having it before a movie but this didnít work well.Michael also pointed out that it is mostly kids that come to the movie.

-                     Don reported that he felt the area was not as well kept, as it previously had been, specifically lawns, gardens and house paint.He will talk to the ACC about this since there was no Spring Letter sent out by them.

-                     There was a discussion on how to enforce any disciplinary matters.At present there is a waiting period of 45 days after official notification to a homeowner before the Board can take any steps.Michael will check with a lawyer to see if the Board can change this.

-                     Ann-Marie pointed out that the landscapers should be putting up signs when spraying for weeds in the parks to avoid any injury to young children.

-                     The next Board meeting has been moved from July 25th to August 1st since a couple of the Board members were unable to attend on the 25th.