Board of Director Meeting
Renaissance Ridge Homeowners Association
August 29, 2009
Members present: Don Corbett, President
Ann-Marie Karh, Vice-President
Michael Rose, Director-at-Large
Yogesh Gupta, Treasurer
Beverly Day, Secretary
- Don reported that the back-water testing on the sprinkler systems was completed, but we are still in the middle of the water audit.
- Don also reported that some dead bushes in the elevated part of the gardens by the entrance have been replaced. In addition the damage done to the small fence and the play equipment in the play area on 242nd has been repaired by Jim Richards. There were also repairs made to the entrance to the Reserve.
- Don has sent a certified letter to the owner of property that borders Renaissance Ridge regarding a tree that has fallen into our area as well as another tree that is in a bad way. The Association would like permission to go in and cut down that additional tree.
- Repairs by Andrew Corbett and other Boy Scouts were completed to the fence on SE 8th that had been damaged by vandalism. They have done a great job. A plaque was installed identifying the troop in the hopes that it might deter further vandalism.
- Don reported that instructions for submitting a request to the ACC for approval of exterior paint choice has been changed and simplified on the website.
- Ann-Marie asked if an answer had been sent regarding the request to have a community garden near 242nd. Don said he had sent an email and volunteered to resend it.
- The annual homeowners’ meeting was discussed. There was very little turnout last year when we tried having it just before a movie night. This year it was decided to have it on a Saturday morning along with the regular Board meeting. The meeting will be at 9:00 am on September 26th at Rock Park on 240th. Yogesh will contact Kim from the Social Committee to put out signs at the entrances announcing the time and place.
- Yogesh reminded the Board that it was decided we could hold off another year before updating the Reserve Study. Don believes our Reserve Fund is under funded and we need to think about either a special assessment or upping the annual dues.