Board of Directors Meeting
Renaissance Ridge Homeowners Association
January 9, 2010
Members present: Don Corbett, President
Ann-Marie Karh, Vice President
Michael Rose, Director-at-Large
Beverly Day, Secretary
- Don received a notice from the Water Department that two of our water meters were in compliance so that we will receive the discount for them. Two others have not been checked so Don will call Earth Works about them. This was supposed to have been done early last year.
- Michael reported that a fence was still down on 242nd. There is also a slat missing in the small fence bordering Rock Park. Don will notify Jim Richards.
- Michael is still working on moving voice mail to email. Since it will be a free service the conversion has been slow.
- A discussion was held on which fences are the responsibility of the homeowners’ association. This will need to be defined carefully before we begin replacing them. Don will call Polygon to see if they have a record of this.
- The subject of what needs ACC approval was also discussed. This needs to be better defined. Don suggested on any addition that requires a city permit that the permit should be sought before contacting the homeowners’ association.
- Don will email Yogesh to ask him to send an email regarding how the 2010 dues are coming.
- Ann-Marie brought up the fact that during the recent cold snap a pipe burst in her garage. This apparently happened to other homes that were the same model. The pipe that burst is one that passes through the garage ceiling to the tap for the hose. Ann-Marie discovered there is a shut-off valve by the water heater that could protect this pipe since there may not be any insulation on it. It was suggested that this information be put on the website to alert other homeowners.
- After the meeting it was decided (by email) that we would hold our meetings on the second Saturday of the month. Our next one will be on February 13th.